Vitamin B Deficiency Treatment for Men in Oklahoma
Vitamin B12 plays a key role in the male body. Unfortunately, many men simply do not get enough Vitamin B through their diet or natural means. Without the proper amount of Vitamin B12, men may soon find themselves feeling and looking sluggish, depressed, forgetful and generally less than healthy.
Balance Hormone Center in Norman, Oklahoma, offers innovative Vitamin B deficiency treatments. We work with men throughout Oklahoma to address the underlying issues and symptoms related to Vitamin B deficiency, including:
- Digestive issues
- Fatigue and/or weakness
- Loss of senses (taste, smell, etc.)
- Memory loss
- Shortness of breath
Why Is Vitamin B Important?
Complex B vitamins are critical to overall health and wellness for every man due to their key role in:
- Creating and maintaining DNA
- Creating red blood cells
- Regulating the nervous system
- Supporting digestion
- Maintaining eyesight
- Fighting infections
- Supporting neurological processes
Without the proper amount of Vitamin B12, men are at risk of serious health issues. We work with men to identify health issues caused by Vitamin B12 deficiencies and prescribe treatments designed to address the root cause of these concerns.
Who is at risk of Vitamin B deficiency?
Several factors, including age, lifestyle, diet and other health conditions affect Vitamin B12 levels in the male body. This means that anyone can encounter a Vitamin B12 deficiency. However, there are certain demographics at increased risk of Vitamin B12 deficiency, including:
- Men over 50: As the male body ages, its ability to absorb Vitamin B12 diminishes. Men over 50 are commonly at risk of deficiencies and should seek treatment if health concerns emerge.
- Vegans/vegetarians: Vitamin B12 is found only in animal-based food products, including eggs, milk, meat, fish, poultry, shellfish and cheese. Men whose diet does not include any of these, or limited numbers of these products, may not be getting enough Vitamin B12 naturally.
- Men who suffer from chronic acid reflux: Stomach acid plays a key role in breaking down and absorption of Vitamin B12. Men who take medication to combat chronic acid reflux or heartburn may produce limited amounts of stomach acid, which limits the body’s ability to process Vitamin B12.
- Weight loss surgery patients: The stomach and small intestine play key roles in breaking down and absorbing Vitamin B12. Men who have undergone weight loss surgery involving the removal of part of either the stomach or small intestine may be at increased risk of deficiency.
- Men with other health conditions: Certain health conditions, especially those relating to the small intestine and immune system, may increase the risk of Vitamin B12 deficiency. Men who suffer from Grave’s disease, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and other conditions have a harder time absorbing the nutrients found in B complex vitamins.
Turn to Our Professionals for Help Resolving Your Vitamin B12 Deficiency
If you have experienced any of the symptoms related to a Vitamin B12 deficiency, we can help. Schedule an appointment to discuss your specific health concerns and treatment options. Call 405-928-4229 or email our professionals to schedule your initial appointment today.